10 November 2009

lefthand window, leftmost stall

In the Office of International Education which is where I work at school there is a bathroom and it has four stalls. The stall all the way on the lefthand side sits just inside the outer wall of the building itself meaning that if there were a window inside of the stall on the lefthand side then that window would look outside. There is a window inside of the stall on the lefthand side and it looks outside onto the street below. The window has a curtain made of some magical black meshed material. I think it means you can see outside from inside but you can’t see inside from outside. I know the first part is true for sure but the only problem is that the window is two stories high and I can’t get that high on the outside to look inside and see if the second part is true. There is a plant on the windowsill on the lefthand side of the leftmost bathroom stall. Sometimes when I am at work I go into the bathroom and into the leftmost stall and sit on the windowsill next to the plant just for a minute and look outside onto the world below.

2 comments: